Monday, September 30, 2013

WTF!!!!


 
 
Welcome to Fall! Wait, what did you think I meant???  Well anyhoo…..

It’s that time of year again. Summer time is quickly retreating into the sunset as our days get shorter and the temperature gets cooler. We put away the tank tops, maxi dresses and sandals so we can pull out the sweaters, light jackets and our favorite ladies…..BOOTS!!!!

But another huge change takes place along with the seasonal change. It is what my friend refers to as...”Cuffing Season”.  People all of a sudden feel the need to be a part of a “couple”. They begin to reach out, rekindle old relationships, make new connections all in the name of cooler weather.   

As the temperature begins to dip I have begun to receive some really interesting communications.  I logged into my email to find a message from someone that swore me off about 3 years ago.  I got a text message from someone who just a few short weeks ago felt the need to tell me all about his new girlfriend, even wanted to introduce me to her.  Let’s also not forget the abundance of “Hey, how’ve you been?” text messages that have come in from men I no longer keep in touch with regularly. 

What is it about the cooler weather that makes people believe that they need to be with someone? Is it the overwhelming urge to have someone around for extra body heat? Or is the lack of “options” due to the colder weather??  Either way this is shaping up to be an interesting fall. I’ll just sit back and indulge in the foolishness while I affectionately sip on a pumpkin spice latte ;)

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, so true!....the brisk air bring about the need to be bunned up, involved, have a cuddle mate. You know it's cold in that bed alone.....lol. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I see!!! At least now it's proven it isn't a myth!!!

      Delete
  2. Yes, you are so right! Although I'm happy in my current situation I too am the subject of, "Hey, Ma?, How you been?, etc." Holidays are depressing. No one wants to be alone. ;0)

    ReplyDelete