Monday, August 5, 2013

Someone Killed Cupid


After a few failed relationships or “situations that simulated a relationship” I decided to try something new or at least new to me. A few friends of mine have taken a leap of faith and tried online dating and have had some amazing results. I know at least 2 awesome couples that met as a result of meeting online. Therefore I decided to put my reservations aside and join the online dating pool and to say the least…. the results have been quite “interesting”.

First of all let me get my disclaimer out of the way by saying that I don't take folks seriously anymore anyway. Therefore when this guy I started chatting with began talking crap to me about a woman’s role I really took it as a joke.  He informed me as to how he needs a woman to propose to him, how women desire to be tamed, etc, etc, etc. I found it amusing because there was no aggression behind the statements, I just felt like he was trying to provoke a response.  We agreed to meet in the city on a Sunday evening and he managed to get there about an hour before I arrived supposedly because he had taken the train in from Brooklyn, wasn’t sure where he was going and didn’t want to be late (I initially thought this was a sweet gesture).

We hung out for about 2 hours, had a few drinks, a light dinner and great conversation. We went thru the usual formalities of discussing the topic of dating in general, even going as far as to share war stories about women he’s been out with that didn't even have enough money to get a metro card to get home, etc. He told me that he hates when people put up a front, post pics of all the things that they have and really are doing badly.  We then went on to other “small talk” topics such as what we had done over the weekend. He told me all about his wild Sat. night, how he had spent several hundred dollars out drinking and had a great time. I’m sharing these details for a reason. Wait for it….

Now here's where it gets sticky. I noticed it was getting late so asked for the bill.  When it arrives he continues to talk not acknowledging that it’s on the table. So I ask him "how much do I owe you" to be polite because I feel at this point if your argument is that a woman has her place and desires to be tamed then YOU need to be able to handle certain responsibilities correct?  This fool tells me the full amount of the bill. I start to laugh, pull out cash ask the waitress to get me change and I give him $50 which is still MORE than what I should have owed because I only ordered $25 worth of stuff and the bill was about $84, it shouldn’t be my problem that he was sitting around drinking for an hour before I arrived.  So after I give this jackass the cash, he gives the waitress a card right? Why was the card denied?????? 

Um yeah....I looked at him like "now what" because honestly I could have settled the bill but I did NOT want to deal with that. YOU are the dude here, the dude that claims that women have their place and a desire to be tamed and you can’t manage to handle an $84 dinner? WTH????  I'm not sure how he handled the outstanding bill but supposedly it was handled. 

Finally we go to leave (because he never bothered to get up out of his chair when I arrived) WHY was I looking clear over this dude's head????????????????   So you're short AND broke??? If you’re going to flex your Napoleon complex AT LEAST have your act together. No, no, no.....thanks but never again. It’s a wrap for this guy, on to the next questionable date and praying that the next is better…..

Thank God my parents taught me to be an independent woman. Moral of this story, NEVER leave home without cash in your pocket and a way to get home ;)

6 comments:

  1. 1. Congratulations on trying somthing new online dating.
    2. Thanks to wonderful parenting.
    3. Really dude. Well maybe he spent his entire paycheck on his drinking binge from Saturday. Smh
    4. No shame in your game. On to the next one. ; 0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMBO!!!! I was thinking the same thing about his drinking binge, LOL!!!! My Gosh!!!

      Delete
  2. Interesting read. Like many woman in today's society, we have our own and tend to not rely on "man" too often for the reason(s) stated herein. From the most minute to the most extensive tasks and/or requests, some fall short (no pun intended) to uphold the title of "MAN." He clearly tried to pull his own disclaimer out on the table (which truly should have been his wallet) as what he was accustomed to and yes to jerk a response from you. Unfortunately, it did not work in his favor. Instead, he bumped heads with a female that came with both guns cocked and loaded and ready to draw straight from the hip without even looking. Shame on him. Chivalry is not dead and those that beg to differ are the same ones that condone the foolishness and do not require it in their prospective relationships (whether dating or monogamous partnerships); hence, why some men feel that they do not have to court a woman. And no, you do not get extra brownie points for doing something you are already supposed to do. Just as bad as a baby daddy buying something for his child and thinking he should get credit for it? Jerk. Well my advice is don't let one monkey stop the show. He definitely was a Court Jester and is still has a ways to go before he meets someone of his desired caliber. You my dear, continue on. Just be mindful, sometimes you may not have to go looking for love - for love may end up finding you! In the meantime, keep doing what you're doing and NEVER SETTLE! A real man won't be intimidated by your strength and independence but will find it rather attractive and will embrace it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. he was doing the most that night.

    ReplyDelete